SS KYLE
1st Newfoundland's Scheduled Ferryboat
 A Cultural Icon of Newfoundland & Labrador Celebrating 100 Years 1913-2013
Captain Lorenzo Stevenson
1st Captain 1913
Last Owner Captain Guy Earle
1960-1967
Built in -1912 -1913 by Swan Hunter & Wigham Richardson Ltd in Newcastle-on-Tyne, England. Makes World Ship Trust's Review 2011 & 2012 world Ship Trust Review.
Arrives at St. John's May 20th 1913 Under command of Captain Lorenzo Stevenson
 "K" for KYLE in the Newfoundland Reid Coastal Fleet with extra thick Hull used for Icebreaker.
 
 Queen of the Coal steamships, Known as the "Bulldog of the North". Locates the New York Daily Mirror Newspaper chartered Mono-plane - Old Glory "Heard Worldwide" 1927.
Carried Passengers, Cargo, Mail and a Dr. to Whom needed medical attention port to port.
Carried Newfoundland & Canadian troops for preparation for battle on the front lines in Europe & fishermen to Labrador
celebrating_100_years001003.jpg celebrating_100_years001002.jpg
Permission to Come Aboard
This website was originally created in Memory of Libby's Dad, Captain Guy Earle "Our Greatest Navigator",
 also purchasing the SS Kyle and known as North America's Youngest ticketed Sea Captain in 1933
Copyright SS KYLE All rights reserved
SS Historical Foundation Harbour Grace NL
SS Kyle Historical Foundation Presents the History & Future Preservation of:
visitor #
      Visitor #
100 Years
Private Policy
Refund Policy / Cancellation
SS Kyle Historical Foundation Inc
50-60 Woodville Rd Harbour Grace A0A 2M0
PO. BOX 383 St. John's NL A1C 5J9
709-800-0175
celebrating_100_years001001.jpg